Shop by Collection
Manage Your Own Career: Make it a SNAPP
Publisher: Its the How Llc
* Defines the ground rules for the new world of employment so you’re not caught unaware. It used to be enough just to be employed. Now everyone, including the CEO, is a free agent who must create enough value to be "rehired" each pay period or each project.
* Presents the three key success factors that can make you a rising star today while moving you toward your strategic and ideal career goals. Being "good enough" is no longer good enough. You must be an enterprising "E3" employee and career manager who is entrepreneurial, excellent and engaging.
* Describes the simple, proven five-step SNAPP approach for ensuring success by making career management a focused project instead of a series of disjointed tasks. Most people find that things are more likely to get done – and be done well – when they are well planned and organized as a project.
* Contains the assessment tools, templates, real life examples and insider information of leading career counselors, CEOs, corporate training specialists and management consultants to help put you "in the know" and on the fast track.
* Is arranged in modules so you can use it the way you want – as a primer on key concepts in the brave new world of employment, a set of success tips grouped by topic, a step-by-step guide to the career management process, or all of the above.
Perhaps most important, this book helps you answer the question "What do I want to do?" Knowing the answer to that question will provide career focus and direction, allow you to articulate your goals to your network of supporters so they can help, and give you an edge when you talk with prospective employers about where you fit in the organization.
This book is for anyone – at any organization level and in any profession – wanting to know how to get the most from work today while planning for the future.