Shop by Collection
ChiRunning: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running
Publication Date: 2004-03-30
Number of pages: 236
In Chi Running, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well known walking and running coaches, provide powerful insight that transforms running from a high-injury sport to a body-friendly, injury-free fitness phenomenon. Chi Running employs the deep power reserves in the core muscles, an approach found in disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, and T ai Chi.
Chi Running enables you to develop a personalized exercise program by blending running with the powerful mind-body principles of T ai Chi:
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and reduce your potential for injury while running, and make knee pain and shin splints a thing of the past.
2. Engage your core. Shift the workload from your leg muscles to your core muscles, for efficiency and speed.
3. Add relaxation to your running. Learn to focus your mind and relax your body to increase speed and distance.
4. Make it a Mindful Practice. Maintain high performance and make running a mindful, enjoyable life-long practice.
5. It s easy to learn. Transform your running with the ten-step Chi Runningtraining program.